The students of the Advanced Web Design Monday evening should be working on their web project for homework this week, building it out further, and filling out the site with appropriate content. At this point, every student should have a grasp of what their project is about, and should have found at least one affiliate program appropriate for the site they are building.
Be prepared at the next class, to present your site, and talk about it from the perspective of your design approach, how you built the site, and the technology challenges that you have encountered while building the site. Students will get into groups of 3-4, and present to that group. The students will write an assessment of each other’s projects, and these assessments will be handed in at the end of the class. This is an opportunity to see other student’s accomplishments. You should ask one another how to approach problems you may be having.
Midterms grades are being determined this week. For all the students who still have homework outstanding, please email me your homework by Friday, Oct 24.
The homework assignments to date, are as follows:
- Written concept for website with affiliate program, register a domain name, sign up for hosting service.
- 3 logo designs, 3 interface designs (look-and-feel) for site.
- Site map, 3 pages of written copy for site, with keywords pulled out into a list. Choose and finish one final design.
- Build and publish live 3 pages from site, including the main navigation. Site pages should be linked. Each page should have content filled in, and each page should have a different title.
- Exercise: create one page using CSS learned in class. Must choose 2 from:
inline style, embedded style, linked style. Must choose 2 from child selector, sibling selector, class selector, contextual class selector, grouped rule. And 1 ID. Please email the homework as a link to a live page.
If you have any questions, please email me, and put “question” in the subject line.