- Written description of project (300 words)
- Pinterest boards: colors, logo inspiration, layout inspiration, typography
- Logo design options(3), domain name options (3)
- Wireframes sketches, and build out in html/css
- Accessibility design: assessment of website—list 4 successes, 3 areas for improvement.
Here are some wonderful guides to using
You should have received an email notifying you that I have shared a Google Drive Folder. In that folder there are 3 documents:
- A spreadsheet with your name, and 3 other students names beside yours. These are the students whose work you should be reviewing. Instructions for the review are found on the document named “Review Assignment”
- A document named “Review Assignment”. Follow the instructions. This is the work that we would be doing in class. I will review the quality of input you give to the other students. This work is due Sunday, Sept 14.
- A document named “Week 2 Homework” is a reminder of the homework assignment for this week. This homework is due on Thursday, Sept 18.
Please email me with questions or if you have difficulty accessing the folder.
Some students have not yet emailed me their homework from last week (Description of major project topic, 3 available domain name options.) Please email it to me right away.
- Name 1 block element.
- Name 1 inline element.
- What is the difference between an inline element and a block element?
- What is the difference between an ID and a CLASS? When is it appropriate to use each?
- Describe and/or write the code for an inline style.
- Describe and/or write the code to link an external stylesheet.
- Describe and/or write the code for an embedded style.
- What is a contextual selector?
- What is a class selector?
- What is a child selector?
- What is a sibling selector?
- Describe 1 technique to center a layout in a browser.
- Describe the differences between a fixed and liquid layout.
- Describe a technique to position 2 columns so they sit next to each other.
- Write the css code that will force a block element (e.g., div) to fall below a series of floated block elements?
- What is the most important tag on a page for search engine optimization?
- Describe why duplicate content is a concern for search engine spiders?
- Describe one strategy to resolve a duplicate content issue.
- Describe when it best to use the “font-weight:bold” style, when it is best to use an <h2> tag, and when it is best to use the <strong> tag.
- Write the css and html for a 3-column fixed layout. You must specify a header, footer, main content, secondary content, sidebar.
- Write the css and html for a 2-column liquid layout. You must specify a header, footer, main content, sidebar.